Wall bulge, is it common, should I be worried?

May 31, 2014
Wentzville, MO
I have a 15k gallon (or so) fiberglass in ground pool. Something I have noticed over the past few years is the bulging inward of two of the sides (across from each other). The pool is about 15 years old (I moved in 2 years ago) I am not sure how long its been like this. Its pretty noticeable and I am curious if this is something that happens and if I should be worried of a catastrophic disaster.

Thank you!

Certainly warrants concern, but not sure what can be done at this point other than to monitor it for stress cracks or a leak. Interesting that it's pushing inward which would imply a lot of external force. If you know that manufacture of the pool you might want to contact them for some advice as well.

As I mentioned I am not sure either how long its been doing this, the pool is coming up on 16 years old. I am hoping its been like this for a long time and has settled. I think you responded to another thread on having a crack fixed. The crack is away from the bulging walls, although I can see general stress anywhere causing issues. This really sucks... I am wondering if home owners insurance ever covers pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.