vinyl liner came off track

qxixp

Nov 3, 2015
Hicksville/New York
I was trying to open the pool this weekend for the first time (I moved to this house last winter) and realized the liner came off track. I have a hard time getting a service guy to come over in the past few days due to busy opening season. Here are some pictures from the pool (I had to drain some water low enough, so the water doesnt go behind the vinyl).

Is the vinyl savable? do I have to install a new liner? What are my options? anything that i should do?

IMG_5144.jpgIMG_5145.jpgIMG_5146.jpgthumb_IMG_5148_1024.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Thanks JVTrain, it is not torn and i am trying to get it back on track, but it seems pretty difficult...

I also spoke to several contractors today and most of them said that it cannot be done, even if they tried, it is not a guaranteed that it would work. They would recommend installing a new liner which would cost me about 4-5k. One contractor said that he could get it fixed and re-vacuum the liner for about 1k.
I don't know what to do at this point
1) i know that most contractors would make more money installing new liners, so i know they are biased
2) on the other hand, if i try to save it and spend 1k on it, but it not a guarantee and I would end up installing a new liner anyway...

If you can warm the liner with near boiling water and work your way from one end to the other, it might work. I used the back of a large plastic comb when I had a MUCH smaller part of my liner come out of the track.

Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!

If you can warm the liner with near boiling water and work your way from one end to the other, it might work. I used the back of a large plastic comb when I had a MUCH smaller part of my liner come out of the track.

Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!

Thanks for the advice. I think boiling water works pretty well... I spent two hours boiling water and slowly fixing it from one end to the other and i am almost done putting all back to the track. Will update with pictures tmr when it is not dark. The cyclone vac I bought last year for winterizing is a good use for vacuuming out the air. You may save me tons of money! THANK YOU!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you referring to those? Amazon.com : Beaded In Ground Pool Liner Lock - 120 Feet : Swimming Pool Liners : Patio, Lawn Garden

I just bought them today and looks like it at least takes 10 days for me to get them, any idea if the local store would have it? Leslies pool doesn't seem to carry those. I am using folder clip to hold the bead inside for now.

Still vacuuming the air. Any idea how long these things usually take before i can start filling water while keep the vacuum running..
Yes.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

The liner are all back in the channel. I also got the bead lock this Wednesday. Although there had been some hiccups, the pool is running and liner seems to be working fine. Some bead are hard to secure back to the channel especially inthe some areas the channel is not properly aligned, so i made the best effort to put back (tried be perfect and ended up made it worse )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.