Found my issue

May 11, 2016
MD
Thought everything was good. was passing the OCLT till last night. FC dropped by 4. I took off the light fixtures and sure enough... lots of algae. scrubbed em clean, so it was easy to remove. took the lights out and sat them on the side to dry out. neither light works and have water in them... guess the rubber seals have finally failed. it is a 20 year old pool.

guess i need to slam... but since i was able to scrub em out and it isn't sticking.... makes me wonder?? to be safe i guess i should... but maybe will try to pass the OCLT tonight and slam tomorrow... as the bottom sucker and filter will take the loose stuff out out soon enough.

I was always worried about that being a problem... thought they were sealed in there so water couldn't get in... i looked up on you tube how to do it... one screw and pull it apart... the seals are all worn out... not sure i can really ever use them again...

Nice. Got a 12.5 last night and a 12 this morning FC that is.

Turns out the DPD tablets aren't as good as the powder... seems like it comes up with 1/3 less chlorine then the powder...

They did sit around all winter... guess they go bad even though wrapped?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.