our intex 12' x 40' x 48" pool

May 17, 2009
Here is some pictures of our pool year two. we have a saltwater chlorined generator and love this system so much better than chlorine. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Kevin

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,531
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,531
Hi Kevin, thanks for sharing the pics. :goodjob:

You do undertand you still have a chlorine pool, right? The SWG is a "saltwater chlorine generator" and it produces chlorine from salt.... Or do you just mean you like the convience of not having to manually add chlorine every day? :)

So glad to see that someone else has this pool. I was just given this same pool but it is missing the salt water generator. Can anyone tell me where to purchase one? Also, The box (which is in rough shape and missing an instruction manual) shows this to be almost 10,000 gallons. Can I fill this pool with my hose (I have a well) or is it best to pay to have water delivered? Sorry about my ignorance on all of this... my first pool! :)

the intex swg can be purchased at amazon.com, toysrus or ebay for anywhere from $150-$200.

It is possible to fill it from your well...I would just have it tested for iron and fill it over multiple days..never a bad idea to test your fill water..otherwise have the water trucked in

We bought a used pool last fall and because we have well water with a high iron content we opted to have borrow a hose from the neighbor (they are on city water). We paid them for the difference in what their water bill usually is and the one after the fill... was much cheaper than it would have been to have it trucked in and it would have been the same water.

We will top off this Spring with well water that has been run through our softener (plain softener salt) which seems to get most of the iron out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.