Foam padding installation question

Good day all,

I will be putting up a 22' round Coleman pool soon. I have started ground prep and already have my rigid insulation. I have noted that it needs to be taped together which makes plenty of sense. But do you need to tape both sides? Meaning the top and bottom, and if so how on earth do you flip it over when one side is finished being taped?

It seems to me that taping both sides will insure the sheets stay in place better, but maybe this isn't necessary. Anyone who can provide some first hand knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP :)

I taped 1 side using gorilla extra strength and thick tape, using 3 pieces on each line.. 1 down the middle then 1 on each side of that piece.. connecting 2 sheets together then flipping over and doing the same thing on the other side.

Then I placed the pads where they were going then taping everything the same way but only on the top side.. Sorry this is the only pic I have but you can see how I connected them together

NMpqPY6h.jpg

I used gorilla tape on the top side only. About three strips per seam, one strip overlapping the other (not three strips stacked on top of each other) I Have Had no Issues With Mine So far...This Will Be Our 4th summer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.