Cover concrete decking with Tile.

Dec 5, 2007
NW Georgia
Not sure if this is the right place but I have a few questions about using tile to cover over a concrete deck?

1. What type of tile is best to use?

2. Is the tile slippery when wet?

3. How do you cover the coping edge of the pool? My pool has the cantilever concrete edge.

Simearl said:
Not sure if this is the right place but I have a few questions about using tile to cover over a concrete deck?

1. What type of tile is best to use? Porcelain is the least porous but I have seen other types, including saltillo, that work fine in your mild climate

2. Is the tile slippery when wet? It certainly can be. YOu must choose one that has a rough or gritty surface

3. How do you cover the coping edge of the pool? My pool has the cantilever concrete edge. Wrap the tile around and underneath

Well, NW Georgia can have some snowy, icy times, so you should be careful. Any tile you consider should be frostproof...your everyday interior bathroom or kitchen tile will not hold up. :mrgreen: OTOH, you might prefer a travertine, which also has bullnose coping to match.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what I really need to do. I got ripped on my concrete decking, the top layer of the decking is flaking off due to the fact that it got down below freezing the night after it was done. I am thinking about doing Kool deck but not sure if this is the right way to go either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.