Cannot get pool clear

bwkopf

May 31, 2016
Muscatine Iowa
Hi all,

First time poster and new member. Anyway we an 15x30 IG ~ 21k gallons. When we opened the pool almost 5 weeks ago the water was clear and we had dirt etc on the bottom. When we went to start the pump up, the motor was seized up. With it already warm enough out I knew algae was going to be a problem if I didn't get it running. Having a home warranty the pump was covered. The problem was it was about a week later and the warranty company was dragging their feet. So I went ahead and worked on the pump motor and got it running. Sounded like a 747 taking off but I had to get water circulating. By this time the water was very dark green. I ran the pump for short periods of time still waiting on the new motor. After not being able to wait any longer, I just ordered a new motor, seal kit and got it going. I then SLAM'd the pool. Eventually got the perfectly balanced. Currently have Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand filter 300#. 1HP Super Pump. I was running at 15 on FC and TC. Now I am at:

4 FC
4 TC
PH 7.2
CYA 20
CH 107
TA 123

(LaMotte Colorq Pro 7)

The problem for over two weeks the pool has been cloudy with a bluish green tint and I cannot get it to clear not matter the numbers of the water. I bought floc but I want to use it as a last resort. I am at a loss. I know sand filters are slow but 2 weeks with good numbers? OCLT is holding for the last week as well. Please help!

Thanks!

Wanted to update everyone. The pool is crystal clear now. Had to keep shocking it into submission and was adding DE to the sand filter and that did the trick. Couldn't have done it without the plethora of knowledge on this site!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.