One week after starting TFPC Results

May 17, 2016
Brandon, MS
It's been one week since a light mustard algae problem finally made me embrace the TFPC method.

Before:

Last season my new pool was completed on July 2. The pool store instructed me to add 20 lbs of CYA, 2 lbs of shock once a week, algaecide weekly, and 25 oz of clarifier per week. This maintained my FC at 1-1.5, which is exactly where the pool store told me to keep it.

By September 30, I had battled a huge green algae problem, and was battling mustard algae at season end. The pool store solution was to try to sell me "activator" for $300 which will "guarantee" that I never have algae again. Thankfully, I declined. The next solution was to "shock" the pool with 10 lbs of chlorine and floc the pool (another $75 in chemicals).

I got the pool clear and maintained it with Cal Hypo throughout the winter, at least good enough to keep it clear. We have a fairly warm season all year, so we don't cover the pool...we still like to sit by it during winter.

I opened the pool in March of this year for swimming, and added about a 1 lb of Cal Hypo every two days, and still couldn't get chlorine above a 1. Three mustard algae blooms by May 15th, each time using about $35 of sodium bromide per the pool store.

After TFPC:

I performed the SLAM procedure as directed, within four days the water was perfectly clear. FC loss about 2-2.5 per day now. About 70 oz of 10% bleach per day at a total cost of about $1.50 per day. If things keep going like this the rest of the season, I will spend less on all my maintenance costs than I did last year in two months.

The TFPC method is awesome!

Kind of amazing how easy it is, huh?

attachment.php

With all the money you'll save.... CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Somebody had to ask. :oops:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.