Pool Pad Location

rob.mwpropane

In The Industry
Jun 9, 2015
Baldwin, Maryland
Sorry guys, I searched, but couldn't find anything. I have 16'x32' APG. I just added a second skimmer and am thinking of moving the equipment pad to the side of the house.

Pump is 1.5HP Pentair Superflo VS 34001. At the new pad the pump inlet will be 3.5' above water line 45' away (figure 60' through the pipe). I'm running all 2". I know the pump can handle that, but what is everyone's take on this? I can gladly upload some pictures to give you a better idea. I don't want to do something without asking for advise first. I was even thinking of just running 2" flex everywhere underground so NO fittings are underground.

Thoughts?

My second option would be to put the pad in the middle of the yard ~ would be ugly and a little pain to access the heater for the spa in winter... but would be 10' of run before getting to the pool

Thanks guys!

I prefer hard PVC over flex, but we get no hard freezes. Not sure what the norm is in your area.

The pump will work fine as you describe. Priming might take a little longer. One option to help would be adding check valve on the suction lines. Use good flapper type ones, like Jandy.

I prefer hard PVC over flex, but we get no hard freezes. Not sure what the norm is in your area.

It does freeze here in Maryland. Flex is just what I've seen pool companies use, but I have easy access to hard pipe. I can hard pipe it, would be cheaper, but can I ask why? Just out of curiosity?

The pump will work fine as you describe. Priming might take a little longer. One option to help would be adding check valve on the suction lines. Use good flapper type ones, like Jandy.

Thanks, hadn't thought of that but will do!

Generally, we think of hard pipe as a more permanent connection and it is certainly a bit less prone to leak. Flex leaks are reported hefre on the forum more so than hard piping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.