We're Back!

Jul 16, 2015
Central NJ
Pool is freshly (delayed) opened and first readings are in !

TA= 50
CYA= 60
CH= 125
ph= 6.8
FC= ~0

First year we're opening the pool. Poolman said all looks good... but now it's on me to get it to TFP standards.

IIRC, these were my targets last year:
ph= 7.5
TA= 50
FC= 8
CYA= 75

Currently looking into SLAMming it down and then getting in there and cleaning out the debris.
Overall, its bit green with a little algae on the bottom, but looking alot better than anticipated. Pool guy agreed it was in good shape, which is nice to hear.

Thoughts?

SO --
Added 3.3 bottles of 12.5% shock in around 7a.
7p comes, and Im sitting at TC of 3 (FC=2.5, CC=<.5).
Seem right? Water DEFINITELY cleared up... just not sure if I need to maintain the FC target of the initial SLAM anymore, or target 8 or so and carry on?

Should I be pitching in a bit more shock/bleach to bring levels up and pass a OCLT?

Good question! I didn't think to note visual of the screw heads (good check!), but it looks crystal clear, if you look past the little areas of matter leaves and debris I need to clean out. I can see the seams on the bottom of the liner in the deep end, so I'd say thats pretty clear!

My pool has a bunch of hefty leaf+other debris that needs to be cleaned out. Should I just hook up the vacuum and run this to waste in the yard? My filter doesn't seem to have alot of suction to make this efficient... perhaps I need to adjust the valves a bit...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.