Opened today after being closed for 8 months...

May 12, 2008
East of KC, MO
pool.jpg

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
Needless to say, I was quite happy to see this! Not too shabby for the first time I've ever closed or opened a pool :) Thanks BBB method and TFP!!

Here are my numbers after uncovering, without adding chemicals yet:
FC= .5
CC= .5
Ph= 7.2
TA= 120
CH= 80
CYA= 20
Temp= 62

Tomorrow morning I will finish filling it up (need 4-5 inches) and then begin adding all my chemicals. I don't need to shock do I? And do I need to run the pump for a couple days non-stop? Still working on the landscaping, as the pool was only installed in June of 08.

Thanks!

Nah, I don't see any need to shock based on those results....Question though, was the water circulating before you tested? If not, you need to fill her up, circulate for several hours (one complete turnover of water) and then retest - the results might be different.

Provided the CC remains .5 or less, and the water is clear (beautiful, by the way! :wink: ) there should be no need for you to shock, just bump up the FC to your target and you should be good to go. :goodjob:

Your pool looks great! I love BBB! I opened to a crystal clear pool without the need to shock! :goodjob:

thenikeman said:
Thanks poolmom!

You are correct, I have not circulated yet. Do you think that my CYA level would change (raise) after re-circulating it? Just wondering if I have to run that test again, and use up more of the CYA test chemical!

Yes, it's possible. You should always circulate before testing....you could take it to a pool store, save your reagent for when you begin to adjust it (I assume if it really is 20 you'll want to raise it so you are saving reagent?)

Thanks everyone!

I re-tested last night, and not much changed except that I had 0 FC now, but that's ok. So I added my CYA and bleach (raising to about 5-6 for now) thus far and ran it for about 8 hours. Installed a new over the rail light that I think will work pretty well, just want to move it to a new rail now. More pics to come soon though!
8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.