Heater recommendation

Jul 28, 2014
Manhawkin/ NJ
Looking to install a natural gas heater on my pool. It's an inground vinyl I think about 15000 gallons. It will be salt water, pool gets full sun all day long. Just want it for when we have party's in case it is cold or rainy the week leading up to the party. Pool thermometer says im already at 80 degrees and I'd maybe wanna raise it to 86 during a party any advice on what size, I realize every one here speaks highly of Rheem so if like to stick to them if that is my best bet. Thanks in advance

Actually, everyone here recommends Raypak for gas heaters. Bigger heats faster. Get the biggest one that your gas service will support. 400k btu is the biggest.

Raypak/Rheem for the win. 400K BTU is best and don't buy into any of the curpo-nickel hype on the heat exchanger because you have a salt chlorinated pool.

Yes they are the same. Rheem is a special badge that Raypak puts on some of their heaters in certain markets sold thru select dealers, but they are the same exact units.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.