Help deciding which Intex pool to get

May 31, 2016
PA
Hi all,

New here and have been researching pools for the past week. I'm stuck on getting an Intex "type" pool, but not sure what size/brand. These are the three that I'm looking at right now. We have 3 kids, age 6-9, and the area the pool take up is not a concern to me. I like the frame on the smaller pool the best and it's Intex brand, but I'm not sure that 42 inches is deep enough as the water level would be less than that. Anyone have any input?

Thanks,
Scott

Summer Waves 18 Round Metal Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool with Deluxe Accessory Set - Walmart.com
Summer Waves 18 Round Metal Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool with Deluxe Accessory Set - Walmart.com
Summer Waves Elite 16 Round Premium Metal Frame Wicker Print Above Ground Swimming Pool Set with Deluxe Accessory Kit - Walmart.com

Welcome to TFP Scott :)

I would never recommend any of the summer waves pools because of the filter and aquarium pump they come with, most only get 1 year out of the pump and then they want 150 bucks to replace it...

The intex is a great pool for the price but they are a little more, the biggest thing with a pool is get the biggest and best you can afford because once it's yours you have to deal with taking care of it..

I found this coleman and it has a better filter/pump, it is still not great but much better than the summer waves and it has a better frame...
Graphite Browser

If you can get a pump also this one would be way easier and work much better
Intex 2,800 GPH Sand Filter Pump - Walmart.com

just trying to help before you go crazzy because of filter problems that everyone shows up here asking about :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.