Testing Samples Indoors

For color-matching tests like pH and the OTO (yellow) chlorine test, indirect natural light against a white background is best; easy enough to achieve that indoors. If it's not practical to test during the day, indoor lighting probably won't lead you too far astray, although I have no technical or personal experience to back up that thought.

For titration tests like FAS-DPD or TA or CH, you just need enough light to be sure of the color changes, the exact colors are not important.
--paulr

I would suggest reading the CYA test outdoors in open shade and the LaMotte borate strips really need to be read in sunlight. I have yet to find an artificail light that will give an accurate reading with this particular strips.

I test in doors like FPM. We have a micro wave above the stove with a light that I use so I can see the test results. On PH tests my wife calls the shots on that reading because my eyes aren't all that great and she is better at color than I am! :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.