Intro and Shopping--South Florida

Apr 19, 2016
South Florida
Been reading like crazy on here trying to get up to speed. I am in South Florida and have spoken with 4 Pool Builders concerning my new pool build. Out of the 4, one has already been written off due to lousy communication (amazing that people do business like this). So far I have been pleased with the other 3 and are starting to get quotes in and some renderings.

Home is on an ocean access canal with a very small yard, retaining wall is going the length of the dock. Going for a geometric "L" shape with sun shelf and the deck is going to be close to 850 sq.ft. Soil test/Engineering Report to be completed next week. So far, I have the following quote:

19' x 28' Swimming Pool

3.5'- 5.5' Depth

*Exclusive ECO-CRC Circulation System- Min 11 Hydraulically Engineered Placed Returns with 55 individual Jets Streaming For Optimum Circulation, cleaning and Heating While Requiring Reduced Energy

100% Gunite with 10" Bond Beam and Lifetime Structural Warranty

Jandy Premium Upgraded Stealth 1.5 HP 2 Spd Pump- 3 year warranty

Jandy Premium Uprgraded DEV Filter - 3 year warranty

Jandy AquaPure Salt Chlorination - 3 year warranty ( 40,000 gallon cell )

Jandy iAquaLink Wifi Wireless Automation - 3 year warranty
Jandy Jxi 260,000 btu gas heater - 3 year warranty
Spa with 6 therapy jets, air blower, bench, nexus led colored light
Nexxus Led Colored Light for pool - 3 year warranty

Includes Electrical Hook - Up

6" x 12" Limestone Coping
6" Waterline Tile

Remove existing paver patio
Remove 5 tree stumps
Umbrella holder in sunshelf
66 feet of 18" retaining wall & steps
Two LED lighted bubblers
Two LED Laminar Streams (+$2500)
Recessed Skimmer (Gunited in Place)

Install French pattern Limestone Patio

Includes Engineered Plans and Permits from City

Dual Main Drains with Anti-Vortex Grates

Deluxe Cleaning Equipment with Test Kit

Two Anti-Vortex Anti Entrapment Main Drains
PVC Schedule 40 Piping

Final Grade (sod ready)

SGM Diamond Brite Interior Finish ( upgraded darker blue finish )

Pool Orientation

Total Cost: $58,500.00 ( Travertine would be around $3,000.00 less )

This company touts the 11 returns as being superior to anyone else. Not sure this is necessary or specifically "better" than having 3 wall returns plus the 2 drains that another company told me they use.Hoping to get some clarification on that and looking forward to some comments/concerns.

lido_002.jpg

Love the clean lines design. This layout by PB is very well done...it would make me want to build right away. With the 11 returns, you might as well consider the infloor cleaning system - the cost differential cant be too much. Infloor cleaning systems also mention the benefit of better circulation for chemicals and heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.