From green to cloudy, need help!!

Hey guys, so we just opened up our pool couple days ago, it was green from the winter, we added well water to it, to fill it to skimmer. Dumped 4 bottles of bleach in it. Have the pump running 24/7, the water is cloudy now. We also have a swg and added I think it was 3 bags of salt, have the swg running for 7 hours a day. I just took test today, here are the number.

FC-.6
CC-2.6
PH -7.5
TA- 120
CYA - 0

I know I need to increase FC and get the cc dobwn. Also need to increase cya. What should I do. Add whole bunch of bleach? And start adding the stabilizer?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Good. Based on your circumstances of winter green water, no CYA, and an elevated CC level, I would recommend you have a good amount of bleach readily available and do the following:
** First - lower pH slightly more to about 7.2 ** THEN .....
1. Begin a SLAM and dose FC up to SLAM level. If your CYA test is showing as zero (perhaps already converted to ammonia), use a SLAM/Shock FC of 10. Do not add additional CYA at this point.
2. Retest FC at 10-minute intervals.
a. If FC loss is greater than 50%, add FC to bring back up to SLAM level and continue retesting FC @ 10-minute intervals.
b. IF FC loss is 50% or less, add FC to bring back up to SLAM level. Go to Step 3.
3. If CYA is below 30 ppm, add enough CYA to bring level up to 30 ppm.
4. Continue SLAM as directed in the SLAM article until the SLAM Criteria of Done are met. Test as directed in the SLAM article - no longer need to test FC at 10 minute increments at this point.

Also we have another dilemma. We are flying out of country on Thurs, for 3 weeks. I will have my nephews here, house sitting and all. What's the best thing to do with the pool?

Btw, opening the pool was not my idea, my husband insisted that we open it. I knew we wouldn't get it cleared up in time. If only husbands would listen to their wives!!???

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.