Just getting started

May 31, 2016
Norrsitown, PA
Brand new to taking care of a Pool. We have a 17' X 5" above ground pool. Just bough the house and we started opening the pool. First thing was the cover had holes in it everywhere. We were told that the water is clear however when we took it off the color was a deep green. We began by putting in liquid chlorine and also getting the Water tested. I was told the water is excellent (by leslies), yet we have algae. This has been going on for five days. I am continually pumping more chlorine in. I've also added algae control and phos-free. Yesterday we added 3lb of shock and 6 oz. of the Algae control. I also backwashed just to make sure filter was clean. Today nothing changed. I added another 2 lbs. of shock and algae control. I'm not feeling very confident. I'm new to all the testing and not sure what to get, especially with all the different chemicals. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.