NEW Intex Rectangle Pool 12x24x52 WOOHOO!

violet-mermaid

Mar 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi everyone!

We just purchased our first Intex rectangle pool, and are picking it up on Friday along with a saltwater pump. It is the 12ft x 24ft pool. We live in south Louisiana, so we will be keeping it up all year.

A few facts about our yard/setup:

Our house is a new construction (2 years old) and the land was built up in our subdivision. They used very hard, clay like dirt. So the yard is already very level and hard where we will be putting the pool. What would be the best way to go about installing? I've seen the video where they just plop the tarp down over level ground then setup the pool- but I am seeing most people now removing sod and leveling beforehand. I also read that you are supposed to put wooden or concrete support blocks under each leg. Would this be necessary with the rock hard yard we have? If so, is it better to do wood blocks, or long pieces of wood?

The biggest question I have is about the landscaping LOL! How in the world am I going to landscape around the legs of this monster? (I am a yard person :) I would love to see pictures of what others have done with landscaping around these rectangle pools.

Anyways, thanks for your time, I can't wait to SWIM!

You may think the ground is level, but you really have to check that it actually is, preferably using a laser transit. Definitely use pavers, dug down level to the ground, at least 2" thick, 4" to be sure. Put foam or similar under the tarp, to get a nice pool floor. Since you're going to leave it up, definitely spend the time to do it right the first time. Good luck!

You may think the ground is level, but you really have to check that it actually is, preferably using a laser transit. Definitely use pavers, dug down level to the ground, at least 2" thick, 4" to be sure. Put foam or similar under the tarp, to get a nice pool floor. Since you're going to leave it up, definitely spend the time to do it right the first time. Good luck!

Thank you! Can you possibly point me in the right direction of what kind of foam to purchase?

Also, are cement pavers better than pressure treated wood?

Regular insulation foam sheets taped together with heavy duty tape, then heavy tarp on top. Search this forum for foam and you will get multiple hits. Wood is ok but pavers nicer for a permanent install I think. Make sure they are wide enough to support theentire flat portion of the legs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.