Pentair Colorcascade LED Bubblers - Any reviews?

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Hi all,

I'm getting close to getting my pool under construction. I have a sunshelf that is about 8'x9' and am planning to put two LED bubblers on the shelf. However, I recently looked around and found a number of bad reviews about these lights. People saying they died within a year of being installed. Last thing I want to do is install something permanent like this that just ends up dying on me. Has anyone had these for a while who can speak to their longevity and overall quality/value/performance? I love how they look but am concerned if they are chronically defective.

Thanks for your input.

-Chad

We wanted them too and every single PB we talked to recommended against them due to issues. I was pretty adamant at first but after talking to a few homeowners and seeing the condensation built up on any more than a year old we decided to go ahead and forego them. We added a glo-brite shelf light instead with standard bubblers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of how my shelf is integrated to my steps I had some real limitations on depth. I'm guessing I'll have 6"-8" on the shelf so I won't have the depth stated for globrites. But honestly, I'm not 100% convinced that matters. I have a buddy who had a pool built and his globrites are just below the waterline, definitely not at 4" below waterline from top of fixture. Time will tell howmlongn they will last but there seems to be no heat issues etc. Wish I had a better option!

Because of how my shelf is integrated to my steps I had some real limitations on depth. I'm guessing I'll have 6"-8" on the shelf so I won't have the depth stated for globrites. But honestly, I'm not 100% convinced that matters. I have a buddy who had a pool built and his globrites are just below the waterline, definitely not at 4" below waterline from top of fixture. Time will tell howmlongn they will last but there seems to be no heat issues etc. Wish I had a better option!

My PB didn't put any stipulations on it being 9" for the light. He kept thinking we were doing the more standard 6" when they suggested it.

I had to get creative with my steps and shelf too. We have a 9" shelf, then a 16" bench, with 7" steps going into 4' of water. We also have a table attached to the shelf that has a 14" bench. That bench runs together with a slight angle/ramp to change the height and then is our 2nd step on the "staircase". It can be done but creative you definitely have to be.

Maybe that will help with some ideas?

Do you have a build thread going?

That is one elaborate shelf! Beautiful. Well, you've motivated me to change direction on my shelf. All along I've been concerned that I will not have enough depth on my shelf to make it useful. I'm going ahead with a revision to add a step onto the shelf and reduce each step height from 10" down to 8", which should give me about 12" of water on the shelf. This will also give me sufficient depth to add the globrite into the first step to illuminate the shelf. I'm skipping the LED bubblers and will just do basic bubblers, mainly to keep the circulation flowing over the shelf. Thanks again!

That is one elaborate shelf! Beautiful. Well, you've motivated me to change direction on my shelf. All along I've been concerned that I will not have enough depth on my shelf to make it useful. I'm going ahead with a revision to add a step onto the shelf and reduce each step height from 10" down to 8", which should give me about 12" of water on the shelf. This will also give me sufficient depth to add the globrite into the first step to illuminate the shelf. I'm skipping the LED bubblers and will just do basic bubblers, mainly to keep the circulation flowing over the shelf. Thanks again!

Glad I could help! I asked my PB about the depth on the light and he told me in most pools that it's impossible to follow that guideline. He said they put them as low as possible and make sure they are surrounded in plaster below the water line tile. We have one on our 9" shelf. I was told 9" was really the max depth for the bubblers to be functional without inserted hoses to lift the water flow. Here are some pics of the gunite shelves so you can visualize better. Our lower steps ended up 6" and are awesome to walk on!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.