Time for another cell for my Aqua Clear Plus what would you do?

Jan 25, 2011
Boonville, Indiana
My pool is 8 years old now and its time again for a new salt cell. It looks like Polaris is out of business. Is that right? Are there any aftermarket cells that will work with my current setup? Should I buy a new system and if so what system works great and lasts? Thanks for the help. Where should I buy?

I found a replacement cell at Inyopools.com, but for that much $$ and the fact it is discontinued I would buy a new system. Supporters to TFP get a discount at Inyopools.

With your pool size I would get a 60,000 gallon system, either the CircuPool 60 sized cell, Pentair IC-60, or AutoPilot RC-52. The CircuPool can make the most amount of chlorine in a day, 3lbs. worth and the other 2 make 2lbs in a day.

Do you have Pentair automation?

Without automation the Pentair can only be adjusted in 20% increments, with automation the output is controlled down to 1% increments. I believe the CircuPool RJ units are controlled by 1% increments while their SJ units are 20% like the Pentair SWG's.

I can't say if one is more reliable than the other. At one time when CircuPool and CompuPool were together, I would never have gone with either one of them.

If I had to install one of them, I would go for CircuPool due to my electrical rates. I could run the CircuPool for a shorter time frame and when I'm paying .30kWh it adds up. There are several users on the forum that have used them without issues for a couple of years.

Get the Circupool. I love my RJ-60+ so far. I run my pump 24/7 at low speed (actually cheaper that way) and only have to run my SWG at 30% to maintain 4.5 ppm FC. It runs very cool, too, which my old system did not. I think it might even be the same plumbing as your old one, but if not it is not hard to change. It took me less than an hour to remove my old system, rework the PVC, and do the wiring on my new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.