Small leak on an intex easy set

May 30, 2016
Sterlington/LA
Since I'm new, I hope this is the right place for this. I was given an 18x48 Intex easy set pool. We had to get a new pump because it didn't have the one that used to be with it. This was my grandfather's and he died 6 years ago. Apparently the pump they had on it had a bigger intake and return fitting then this new one. The holes are a tad bit bigger and there are small leaks around the holes. We've tried silicone and some of that rubber flex seal spray, but it doesn't have enough time to set before drops start leaking out. How would I fix this issue because I'm at a loss.

Welcome to TFP!

This is a good place for your question. It has been 10 years or so since our last Intex Easyset and I can't remember how those hoses and clamps went together. Seems like maybe some folks had to use 2 clamps to get them to seal?

Thanks! Probably gonna be here a lot. Lol! I've been doing more research and found that there are hose adapter kits. Glad I stopped filling it cause I'm gonna have to drain it down to the intake to see what I can do. Not too big of a deal cause my son is only 2 and he can enjoy it more when it's only half full anyway. Please keep responding and I'll update as soon as I find a fix.

Went and visited a few pool places around town and a patch is the only solution they could suggest. What they have suggested and what I came up with after thinking about it a little more is, to put a vinyl patch over the original hole for the fittings and cut another hole for the fittings. Since it's literally like 1/16 of an inch that is the problem, I think this is gonna work. I will let y'all know in a couple days if it's holding or if the leak continues.

No leaks today. Got in it and messed around a bit to see if that made a difference. The real test will be this weekend when the wife, son, mom and niece get in it and they play around. Now just need to get a skimmer, vacuum and get the chemicals right to clear it up, but that's just gonna take time to learn everything. I'll report back after the weekend.

Well I screwed up! It wasn't leaking until I bought an Intex skimmer and mucked about with it. Now there's a steady stream flowing down the side. I'm just gonna start over. Gonna drain it while it's raining this weekend, fix the leak properly, iron out all the wrinkles I missed the 1st time and then fill it back up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.