NY Pool

Hello again Waste
The pool is 18' x41'x8'. The salt is doing good, I had added 6 bags to bring it up from the 65% reading, that brought it back up to 100% but after a couple of days dropped to 80%. It is staying at 80% for a couple of weeks so I will do another reading and no doubt have to add 2 or 3 bags. Last year we did a lot of backwashing due to all the sand around the pool.
We have someone coming on Tuesday to connect the water feature to the pump we use for the swim out area which has 5 smaller jets. I am thinking he will put a gated Y on it to have one or the other working at a time. The original idea was to have an electrical switch near the house to control it but in addition we will have to go to the pump when choosing the swimout or the water feature. Why he is at it I will also add a gated Y to change the backwash flow from the 1000 gal dry well to an above ground discharge connection. This way I can run a hose to the street if need be. I guess you can't think of everything the first time around.
Now we have to take the loop lock cover back in to have it modified for the raised patio section that was added. Not sure what is going to happen with that. Someone said a rubber ledge is added below the coping to support the cover (?)
All in all we like the way it came out. It has a

Pro grid DE Hayward filter,
2 Hayward pumps, 1 being a super pump,
AquaComfort Chlorine generator
AquaComfort Heat pump
Aquabot vacuum
and a very large electric bill

Tom,

I saw your pictures! Is that your neck? The neck deal is a bit more serious than mine, but I live in pain everyday and try to control it any way I can. (If you know what I mean) Here's mine...But in the foot... This is one reason why it's nice to have a POOL!!!

I am afraid so. I just had my second operation because of my pain. Back in May of 2005 I was injured pulling fire hose and fell. Had spine surgery back in March of '07. Another disc went bad and had another surgery this past March. Still have another disc above that one that is on the fence.
Weather has been pretty wet here in NY and that does not help the pain any as you may know. I am trying to get back to work as a tractor trailer driver (FD is volunteer) going through physical therapy now.
The pool does help and in part we had the swimout put in for the extra spa like jets (5)
Best of luck with your foot

tpm said:
I am afraid so. I just had my second operation because of my pain. Back in May of 2005 I was injured pulling fire hose and fell. Had spine surgery back in March of '07. Another disc went bad and had another surgery this past March. Still have another disc above that one that is on the fence.
Weather has been pretty wet here in NY and that does not help the pain any as you may know. I am trying to get back to work as a tractor trailer driver (FD is volunteer) going through physical therapy now.
The pool does help and in part we had the swimout put in for the extra spa like jets (5)
Best of luck with your foot

Interestingly enough, I also fell and broke "both" heal bones back in 2006. It only took a fall of six feet onto concrete. If I hadn't landed on my feet, it could have been a lot worse, I know you can definitely concur. But my surgeon said these kind's of injuries only happen in automobile accidents. I think he was trying to make me feel better, IT didn't work! Sorry modorators for getting off topic, but it's amazing the folks you run against and there stories you find on these forums. Tom, you pool looks great, I hope you get plenty of time to enjoy it. It does help to "lift the weight off"!

Thanks Mastercraft
The pool and the children really help in the recuperation.
Best of luck to you as well
Ps. A friend fell off a ladder trying to get on top of an ambulance to retrieve something and broke both arms. you can only imagine what he was up against

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.