New Member.

May 30, 2016
Peabody Ma
Greeting everyone.

My wife and I live in Ma on the North Shore. We bought a new house with a pool in the back yard. yes on purpose. We searched for a larger home with a in ground pool on purpose.
It had some issues after a few years with a leak underground and some concrete settlement issues with the patio.Its a gunite pool.
Well to shorten it up we had the pool and all the decks refinished this early April. IMG_1302.jpgIMG_1700.jpg
we had the decks done in exposed aggragrate and the pool refinished in pebbletech. new skimmers all new plumbing except for the returns which were in excellent shape. Now that things are working correctly. I have some questions. I wired the pool for a heat pump in the near future and had the equipment pad sized to accommodate the new heater as well.
It's just a question of which pump? The pool is 6 feet at the deep end and 3 feet at the shallow end. It holds 18000 gallons of water.
Thanks for any help received in advance. It just dawned on me to look for a forum for pools after cruising my usual motorcycle forums.

Welcome to TFP :)

Bigger is better, get the biggest one you can afford..

gas would be 400,000 BTU, use if you only want to heat occasionally like weekends
heat pump: these are used when you want to set the temp at 85 and keep it there
solar heat: more expensive up front but free heat once it in, it will use your pump when activated

all 3 will need a pool solar cover to keep your paid for heat in

I hope this helps :)