First Swim accomplished thanks to TFP!!

derryank

Gold Supporter
Apr 4, 2015
Boston MA
Hi everyone,

That was fun!!

I can't believe that I was able to perform chemistry tests with all your help and have my friends and family swim safely this Memorial weekend.

A huge thank you to everyone that helped and reassured me this past month.

The pool looks and feels fabulous.

.......as per usual, here are this evenings results after a busy weekend swimming.

Weather-a lot of rain this morning....

FC-3.0
CC-0.5
TC-3.5
CH-50
TA-140
CYA-70
PH-8.2
CL/BR-5-10
Salt-2800ppm

I do think the rain this morning has skewed these results a little. Having put these into Poolmath it has asked that I add 68lbs bags of salt... to be honest I might wait until tomorrow and perform another test, or should I do as the calculator suggests.

Its my first real test and swim, albeit after a significant day of rain.

Thanks so much again everyone. I hope you all had a fun weekend.

Congrats :) From those tests I would bring your FC up to and target 5 and add some MA to drop your PH, with your TA at 140 your PH will rise a little fast but as you take PH down you TA will also lower :)

Congrats :) From those tests I would bring your FC up to and target 5 and add some MA to drop your PH, with your TA at 140 your PH will rise a little fast but as you take PH down you TA will also lower :)
Appreciate the information Cowboy. Time to get this pool back in order!!

Thank you

12,000 Gal,IG Vinyl,Pentair 1HP Dynamo,Pentair SD40,Pentair Intellichlor SWG,Dolphin Nautilus, TF-100

Yep, keep some bleach around to help out the SWG when needed. It is a lot easier to add some bleach from time to time than to adjust run time and percentage up and down all the time.

Congrats on a great :paddle:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.