Polaris 360 Help!

May 30, 2016
Long Island, NY
Hey i just bought the polaris 360. Chose the 360 since i didn't have a booster bump. It picks up everything on the bottom of the pool great but the only problem I see is that it makes circles. I have only ran it for 20 minutes now and it has not left the deep end and does not stop making circles. Is this what it is supposed to do? If not any solutions. Thanks

Another thing I should add is my inlet valve is directly in the middle of my pool. I know they said you may have to cut the tube.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

What type of pump do you have? Variable speed? Two-speed? Single speed? Filling you the details of your pool and equipment in your signature would help. It could be that your pump is running to fast for the cleaner so it's not effective with the pressure too high.

Why are they saying you have to cut the tube? Is it too long so that it still has a lot of slack when the cleaner is at its maximum distance from the inlet?

I just disassembled and reassembled my Polaris 380 and learned quite a bit. Not sure 360 is the same but I would first adjust the THRUST JET and see that works - the default setting is "11 o'clock" but the instruction (at least 380 instruction) says adjust if the unit goes or gets stuck in circles....try different setting / directions (try to download and read Polaris 360 manual which may help you).

I just disassembled and reassembled my Polaris 380 and learned quite a bit. Not sure 360 is the same but I would first adjust the THRUST JET and see that works - the default setting is "11 o'clock" but the instruction (at least 380 instruction) says adjust if the unit goes or gets stuck in circles....try different setting / directions (try to download and read Polaris 360 manual which may help you).

i adjusted it and it works great, just doesn't climb walls still but i am fine with that. another question i have is should i run the polaris the whole time my pool filter is on? i live in NY and run the pool 12 hours a day. I just want to make sure with some of the valves closed my filter is circulating enough for it to do its job. Thanks again for the advise.

In general, (e.g., NOT after a thunderstorm, strong wind, etc) I don't run mine for more than 2-3 hours a day. If my pool needs more than 3-4 hours of Polaris, that means I need to vacuum. I take out leaves / pine needles as much as I can with my net and I do not see the need to run my Polaris all day as I view Polaris as a secondary / backup / complementing equipment than a main cleaner / vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.