Too much space between liner and wall?

I mistakenly filled my pool before pulling the winter cover off. When I pulled the cover off I found the liner had pulled away from the coping over a good 18" stretch. I expect I have to drain the pool, pour hot water on the liner, and try to work it back. Boiling hot water by itself doesn't give me nearly enough stretch, so I will have to drain. I'm concerned by the space behind the liner, however. I will have to stretch it about 2 inches and, at the very top, there will be about a half inch between the wall and the liner once I fix it. (See pictures.) That seems like it could pull right out again. Is the polymer wall shifting? Or am I paranoid? (Or both?) Thanks for any advice! IMG_20160530_152624.jpg

You need to drain your pool down a couple of feet. Wait for a really warm day and move it back into place. The warmer the day and more direct sun the easier it will be. Have 4 or five people on hand to help.

Can't tell if the walls have shifted from the picture.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.