Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So my pool gate is sagging a bit. It has the Truclose "will never sag" hinge on it. Not quite sure if it's the hinge or just the post, but it will just close with force now. Resetting the pool doesn't really seem like an option - can't believe there's no adjustment I can do with the hinge. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Is the post perpendicular to the ground? It would not take much shifting of the post to cause an interference. Is the gate parallel to the post? If not, that may indicate the hinge is at fault. A first step, if possible, would be to be sure about what moved. I'm not familiar with the hinge, but from the pictures at Loews it looks like it cannot sag without bending horribly.

It actually seems as if the gate itself is wracked, ie out of square. I need to look at it closer, but if I lift up on the top of the latch side of the gate it comes up and gives enough clearance for everything to close nicely. Yet nothing else moves - no posts, or hinges or anything.

Typically the fix for a sagging gate that's out of square is to run a tension wire from the bottom corner of the latch side diaginally to the top corner of the hinge side.

Is there any way to tighten the connections between the individual gate pieces themselves?

been swamped at work...the gate and fence are aluminum - as a matter of fact it's this: http://www.royalaluminum.com/br20-aluminum-pool-fencing.html. I looked again and the post does move a bit when I lift up on the gate. Not sure if its the post or the gate that's the problem, although I expect it's the post. There's a little play in the hinge, but I think it's meant to be there. I don't quite know how an aluminum post properly set in concrete gets this way, but then again, all the contractors that worked on my pool completely sucked. The only think I can think of is a 6-foot turnbuckle to the next post back in the fence.

been swamped at work...the gate and fence are aluminum - as a matter of fact it's this: http://www.royalaluminum.com/br20-aluminum-pool-fencing.html. I looked again and the post does move a bit when I lift up on the gate. Not sure if its the post or the gate that's the problem, although I expect it's the post. There's a little play in the hinge, but I think it's meant to be there. I don't quite know how an aluminum post properly set in concrete gets this way, but then again, all the contractors that worked on my pool completely sucked. The only think I can think of is a 6-foot turnbuckle to the next post back in the fence.

Could be that they dry set the post and it moved around enough before the concrete set that the hole is bigger than the post. Expose the concrete and take a look. A couple of solutions if that's the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.