First off let me say this is all still rather new to me. 2nd year with pool that came with house.
Having multiple issues at once, but trying to keep them separate.
Having algae growth. Have attached a pic to this post.
Not too sure what kind it is, but after reading many posts here and reading through pool school and how to shock and such...I am confused.
Chem readings as best as I can tell you since all I have are test strips. (I know I need something better...have plans to go to leslie's later on for their FAS-DPD Service Test Kit) are as follows:
pH 7.2ish (even though FC is so high I don't know if that is right)
FC 10+ (strip only goes to 10) I say + because it is dark purple before I even pull it out of the water.
TA around 80
Stabilizer seems to be zero. The color on the strip is lighter than the mark of zero on the bottle and darker is higher.
So...if my Stabilizer is this low and my FC is this high (and has been that high for over a week)
How can I be not killing algae? According to the chart here I have been at shock level for over the last week.
Other things to add... I had this happen a couple weeks ago and used yellow out and shocked each time as that stuff likes you to.
It worked, but could never get the dead stuff filtered out. The FC has not come down in over a week after that episode.
We have had a ton of rain this spring and I have let a lot of water out of the pool via backwashing.
We live in the woods more or less and tons of leaves and other tree parts end up in the pool all the time as well as critters and bugs.
Having equipment issues that puts a lot of air back into the water if that matters to this at all.
So...like I state in the subject of this thread I am confused.
If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would be grateful!