Need to replace power cord: options, please

gb99

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2013
Boston, MA
The power cord of my booster pump is starting to fray where it enters the pump. Can I use a generic power cord that has a twist lock prong? If so, can you recommend a brand and model? I see options on the line for over $30 which seems like a lot for just a cord.

The power cord of my booster pump is starting to fray where it enters the pump. Can I use a generic power cord that has a twist lock prong? If so, can you recommend a brand and model? I see options on the line for over $30 which seems like a lot for just a cord.
If you have slack enough, you can just undo the cord inside the pump, undo the clamp, and then cut the cord down a few inches and reassemble it.

If you don't have enough slack, disconnect the wires inside the pump, undo the clamp, and take the cord to the nearest mom-n-pop hardware store and let them get you something that will work. For a twist-lock, thirty bucks seems reasonable. Just a replacement plug is about fifteen bucks.

All you really need to be sure of is that the plug is the right one and that the wires are at least the same size as the originals. Remember, on wires, the smaller the number, the bigger the wire.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.