Water level with automatic pool covers

Sep 22, 2014
San Ramon, CA. 94582
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
For those of you that have automatic pool covers, where do you put your water level in relation to the skimmer and/or the top of the tiled vault wall (where water spills over)? Did your automatic cover company have specific instructions like - a) keep it level with the tiled vault wall; b) midway between bottom and top of skimmer; c) 1" above the skimmer's mid-height; d) etc...? . I ask because the different techs that came to do maintenance and/or repairs seem to have different instructions/opinions. For the meantime, I have just been keeping it slightly above the skimmer's mid-height that puts it about 3/4" below the top of the tiled vault wall.

I don't have an auto cover but those I know that have them have to keep the water level so that the cover's weight is partially supported by the water (buoyancy) or else it's puts too much stress on the rails.

Can you call the manufacturer and ask them?

I don't have an auto cover but those I know that have them have to keep the water level so that the cover's weight is partially supported by the water (buoyancy) or else it's puts too much stress on the rails.

Can you call the manufacturer and ask them?

Thanks. Depending on who answer the phone, I'd get ta different answer. Cover is by PoolCoversInc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.