Just finished my AutoPilot install!

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I bought the Digital 220 with a SC-48 cell. This is a big cell compared to my small pool, but I wanted to oversize the cell. At the same time as installing the AutoPilot I replaced my two Intermatic timers with a singel Intermatic P1353 timer. This new one is much nicer and gives me all the flexibility I need for my two speed pump and booster pump. It appears I may have to put my two timers in the buy/sell area to see if someone else could use them.

The install went very smoothly, I did notice that the paper template to mark the holes to be drilled did not match the holes of my AutoPilot, but I was able to bend the edges out enough to get them to fit. Maybe this is normal?

I'll post some before after picture a little later when I get them downloaded and all.

I do have a couple questions for the experts out there on what power level and such I should set it on. I will be running the SWG 12 hours per day which 1.5 turn overs per day. I currently have it set at default setting, which is power level 1, 66% . I have been using 174 oz of 6% bleach per day for the last few weeks. I figure that comes to ~10.44oz of chlorine. Will my current cell settings work for this?

Secondly, how do I get a good salt reading? Since running it I have checked the salt level 3 times and got in order, 3300, 2900, 4400. Not sure which to believe.

thanks,
dave

Watch the FC level day by day, if it is too high lower the %, if it is too low raise the %. If the % gets above 85 or 90 then switch to power level 2.

The salt reading on the unit should settle down after a few hours, longer if you just added salt. I checked mine against AquaChek test strips and it was within 100.

Good Luck!

You made a wise choice in getting the larger SWG unit. You won't have to run your unit any 12 hours per
day.

Here is what I would do. Set the unit to 100% and set your filter pump timer to about 6 hours a day. Test your chlorine levels
daily. Then adjust the run time of the pump to obtain the chlorine level you would like. This way you will
use the least amount of electricity and still have the chlorine you need.

I have done tests on a similar sized pool and you only need about 4 hours filter pump time in the summer and 2 to
3 hours in the winter to keep the pool clean.

Cliff s

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.