Hard piping new Installation

jzcop

May 12, 2015
fairfield, nj
Hello all,

I'm installing a 15x30 above ground pool and need help/instruction on hard piping. I will be using a hayward cartridge filter, hayward pump and chlorinator. The pump set up will be 10 feet away from the pool, hard wired at the house to a timer. I don't plan on removing equipment, just winterizing by removing water from the system with my shop vac. What would be the correct diagram of piping this combination to the pool? Hers a pic of the equipment and location:

Thanks

Attachments

• Pool Pump Set Up.jpg
    Pool Pump Set Up.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 100
skimmer>suction side>filter>return

I did 2 suction side and 2 returns using Jandy 3 way valves, I have close to the same setup (SWG extra) I also added a 3 way to use as a backwash or to lower water

hpiEij3h.jpg

Before paint :)
QSVg2Wih.jpg

I have 1 skimmer and 1 suction port for my cleaner and 2 returns :)

the 2 on the left are the returns and the one with the hose is connected to "the poolcleaner"
VluA1CKh.jpg

nyMiMIFh.jpg

MGk4fi3h.jpg

This is how I originally had my equipment pad set up. I have ball valve unions on the suction and return lines so I can shut off water flow when needed, and a union between the pump and filter to make maintainence easier. I switched to a sand filter a couple of years after these pictures were taken, but the set up is the same.

Cowboycasey, is that 1.5" or 2" hard pipe? my skimmer, return, and pump are 1.5" and my filter and SWG are 2". I'm trying to figure out if I should do 1.5" pipe all the way thru or: from skimmer go to 2", reduce to 1.5 into pump, increase back to 2" into filter all the way up to return which I have to reduce back to 1.5"
thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Zea, how's the flex pipe working for you? was it easier to work with? is it 1.5"?
thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.