Power problems with Hayward SWG

kbp911

Jul 9, 2013
Hello all thanks for your time.

A few days ago I noticed the GFI kept tripping on the receptacle the SWG was plugged into. After messing with it I decided to replace the said receptacle. After running it all night I found all lights on my Hayward to be out. I unplugged the unit, hit test on the GFI then reset but to be honest, I do not know if it was actually tripped. After I plugged the unit back in the SWG powered up and started to run as normal then the power light (top green) went out. Shortly after that the other slowly dimmed and went blank also. As far as I know the GFI did not trip this time but I did hit test then reset. My initial thought is the transformer has bit the farm. I wanted to see what others thought before I went out and bought a 185.00 part that may not be needed.
Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks a million for the support of this forum!

Ben

It sounds like the SWG but I would plug something else into the GFCI outlet the next time it happens just to make sure it hasn't popped. But, if the outlet is popping repeatedly that is also a sign of a problem as well.

Sorry about the delay as I was away for a bit. I have the SWG plugged into the other side (two separate receptacles on two separate lines to the house) and I am back in business. I plugged the outdoor sump pump into the suspected bad receptacle and we will see what happens. I hope it was a fluke but now I have to troubleshoot the pool heater grrrr.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.