Warning to those installing stamped concrete deck and safety cover

Didn't know this then. But when we had our safety cover installed I should have checked to see if the installers were using a brand new drill bit. Do yourselves a favor and have them show you the bit in the package. I noticed this year when the cover came off that some of the brass pins have a small circular damaged concrete surrounding them. I'm not due for re sealing till next year. I rubbed a candle on these areas and melted with a torch to seal and keep moisture out to reduce further deterioration. Stamped concrete can't be repaired.

How big is the damaged area? Loop-Loc and Merlin both sell brass collars to cover that exact issue. It serves that purpose 100% on mine. Concrete does have stones in it so it can't always be eliminated even with a new bit. Search brass safety cover collars on Google.

I probably would have been ticked if a pro drilled mine , but I did it myself with a new bit. Most of my chipping occurred when driving the anchors in. Don't know what the sollution is but expect a certain level of chipping.
Kris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.