Limited space to install swg

bhubb

Jan 4, 2016
KS
I am wondering if you guys removed your chlorinator and installed the swg where it is? I do not have a lot of space to put it and was thinking that was an option since the swg would be used while away (only use chlorinator while away)

Here is pic of everything

here is a pic of where chlorinator is

there is a long line of line here but then i would lose access to serviceable parts in heater

could i install it before the chlorinator without any problems?

what is that fitting that has "flow" on it? A check valve ?

You have a couple places where there are long enough runs for a SWG cell and flow switch. My first choice would be just eliminate the tablet chlorinator and put it there.

You have a couple places where there are long enough runs for a SWG cell and flow switch. My first choice would be just eliminate the tablet chlorinator and put it there.

+1 on that suggestion. Or you could use unions in front of that heater panel so you could remove it when you need access.

WOW you deserve an award for that pad. I won't say what the award is but you deserve one.

Yes you can replace the tab feeder with the SWG. It will work fine there.

I hear you. They went a little overboard with the plumbing!

im sure it was replumbed since install and they just pieced it together

so leave the check valve and put swg after it where chlorinator is?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No, not specifically. I almost posted that as question rather than a comment. Here is my thinking.

1. Mine is that way. :) it ties into the return line right as it enters the ground. It goes only to the line for the returns after the 3way valve that splits waterfall/returns.
2. My heater is looking for a specific flow to achieve a 2°c rise for max efficiency and turning on the booster would send a lot of water through it.
3. If you plumb in solar later do you want that extra flow and pressure going through the solar panels?

I can see a slight advantage for using filtered water to supply the booster, but mine was right next to (and shared it's supply with) the main pump, and it was never an issue. I don't see any reason to replumb anything re the booster pump.

I can see a slight advantage for using filtered water to supply the booster, but mine was right next to (and shared it's supply with) the main pump, and it was never an issue. I don't see any reason to replumb anything re the booster pump.
That is all well and good if you have low debris in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.