Chlorine Drop Test

wal81

Feb 8, 2015
North Alabama
How often do you perform the Chlorine drop test (with the DPD powder) from the TF-100? My target FC is 5. I use the simple Taylor chlorine/pH test kit for daily stuff - but it is nearly impossible for me to distinguish between the 2, 3, or 5 ppm levels with the yellow color comparison (not to mention that it doesn't test beyond 5 anyway).

I love the accuracy of the drop test in my TF-100 kit but usually just use it for my weekly round of complete tests, or the OCLT.

Just wondering if there's another option for accurate daily FC testing to make sure I don't dip below 5 and risk an outbreak. Or maybe the drop test is just the way to go.

Typical levels:
FC 5
CYA 60
SWG at 40%, pump running about 10 hrs
pH 7.5
TA 95

As you have discovered, the FAS/DPD test is the most accurate. As you learn your pool more and more you will start backing off on those tests and fill in with the color match (technically an OTO,test) test. It really just tells you yes, there is chlorine in the water.

I have been in the routine since i srarted the tfp method early last summer that I do a full test every evening. Some of the people i know that have pools told me im nuts for testing all the time and all i have to do is shock it every week....i have tried to get them to switch over but they dont beleave me. Guess what...one of them has a swamp right now and i was pool side all weekend swimming and they were at the pool store.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have been in the routine since i srarted the tfp method early last summer that I do a full test every evening. Some of the people i know that have pools told me im nuts for testing all the time and all i have to do is shock it every week....i have tried to get them to switch over but they dont beleave me. Guess what...one of them has a swamp right now and i was pool side all weekend swimming and they were at the pool store.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AND there you have it! Well done! Very well done!

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.