Getting the pool going

May 22, 2015
Winfield Alabama
Hey guys I am new to the pool deal, but I just replaced the sand and bought a new filter and ordered the Taylor Tf-100 test kit. We poured algaecide in last night and the pool has turned a cloudy blue instead of green. While I am waiting on my test kit to arrive, and I have significantly reduced the algae what can I pour into my pool?

Please don't pour anything into your pool except liquid chlorine, aka "bleach". Algaecides don't get rid of algae, they are meant to prevent it.

While waiting for your TF-100 to arrive, please only add 1/2 bottle of plain, unscented bleach from the laundry aisle (8.25%) each night until you can bring us test results.

Make sure you've removed any debris (leaves, dead possums, lumpy stuff, y'know?) from the pool too.

You're on the right track with ordering a test kit. And even cloudy blue is better than cloudy green, right?

Good Morning :)

your at about 13000 gallons, 24 foot round at 4 feet deep.. yep, just use 1/2 gallon bleach a day and use that brush and leaf rake :)

once you receive your kit, come back and post your numbers and we will go from there

I hope this helps :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.