New Build in DFW

Kallen05

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2016
DFW, Texas
Hello Everyone & Thanks KimKats for suggesting that I start this Build Thread :wave:

1st I'm proud to say that I am addicted to this site and proud to be an TFP Supporter!!!

Back in October of 2014 we started researching and getting bids on Fiberglass and Gunite pools. We decided to go with a Gunite pool after discussing with previous family and friends who own pools. On May 20th we broke ground on our 15 x 30 rectangular pool. So far we had a delay for a day due to rain. This delay caused the inspection for the Belly Steel/Bon to fail caused the inspector could not verify that the drains were a min of 3ft apart since the ground was too wet. This was no biggy since he came back the next day and it passed. Then on May 26th we received gunite and now its the dreaded wait! We now have to water the gunite twice a day for the next 10 days. The next stage will be electrical, code plumbing, tile and Coping as well as city inspections as applicable.

This has been the most exciting and smooth experience so far. Thank you all who stopped by to see my build and enjoy the pictures. Looking forward to send more updates as we progress.

Here are the renderings we received
Allen2_001.jpgAllen2_002.jpg
Here is a pic before the dig!
IMG_8370.jpg
Then we came home to this:p:p
IMG_8364.jpgIMG_8366.jpg

You did it! LOVE it! So do you want to share your equipment with us so we can point out any thing we would do different?

That is such a neat shape. I can see many fun times and conversations on the those steps and the bench in the deep end!

What color of plaster and kind?

Kim:cat:

You did it! LOVE it! So do you want to share your equipment with us so we can point out any thing we would do different?

That is such a neat shape. I can see many fun times and conversations on the those steps and the bench in the deep end!

What color of plaster and kind?

We have a long summer of Basketball and Softball ahead of us so the pool will be a nice place for R&R.

As far as the pool equipment this is all I know so far. LA-MS05 Boost Rite Pump, Intelliflo Multispreed Pump, and we're also installing a heater.

For the pool floor we chose Stonescapes mini pebbles in Aqua Blue with 1x2 marbleized royal blue tile. All about the contrast :grin:

Did I forget anything?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL we have not figured out why some of the pics do this! It is a DE filter.

You can start adding this stuff to your signature. Add to it as you find out more.

Yes, it says Quad DE 80.

Going to do that now

- - - Updated - - -

I know, I know!! CHLORINE!!!! Sorry end of the year teacher here LOL

There are a couple of different ways to get chlorine into your pool. I will post some links to show you:

Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool

You can also look at this area to get a idea of the different ways to add chlorine:

Chemical Automation and The Liquidator

Lol...Chlorine it is!!! I'm going to read the links now.

Thanks!

WHEN (notice I did not say if) you have questions about what your read let us know. NO question is too small. We have all had them. We would rather answer a question to make sure it is done right than have to help you fix a problem after the fact.

WHEN (notice I did not say if) you have questions about what your read let us know. NO question is too small. We have all had them. We would rather answer a question to make sure it is done right than have to help you fix a problem after the fact.

Lol... I did notice and Trust I've been making a list since I found this site :D. I have to admit that it is a bit overwhelming but since I found this community I feel a little at ease. Thanks Kim and everyone for the support and nice welcoming.

It's been a while since my last update. Been busy with softball and basketball tournaments with my kids. However, I been around ?.

Since my last post we had equipment installed.
image.jpg
Tile & Coping ✔️ (We changed tile selection to a nice glass mosaic)
image.jpgimage.jpg
Decking ✔️
image.jpg
I thought I took a picture of decking completed but I didn't. Have to update tomorrow with the pictures. However, we are waiting on the City to approve our permit to raise the iron fence 1'. Iron fence has to be 5' in order for PB to plaster & fill the pool. Permit was submitted on 6-16 and we're still waiting ?.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.