Should i be worried about electrocution?

cnshough

In The Industry
Jul 3, 2013
When we bought our house, the previous owner had to get the pool back in working order as part of the purchase. I assume there was a light in the wall directly below the diving board, because now the liner is sucked into a perfectly round depression in that spot. Is there any way we can be shocked? How would I know if the electricity was properly removed from this area?

Somewhere near the missing light, usually hidden in a planter, or near the equipment pad you ought to see something like this

joenj-LightJunctionBox.jpg

Pull the cover off. One side will have wires from a switch, the other should have nothing (except maybe a pull-rope if someone was kind) coming out of the conduit.

If you are certain there isnt a J box, then the builder may have installed the conduit from the light housing all the way to the lgiht switch. Somewhere there should be a switch to turn the light on and off. Or perhaps a timer. If you can identify it, you can measure to see if there is any voltage.

My pool light doen't have a J Box. They ran conduit all the way from teh light to the light switch at the pad.

No switches anywhere. There is an Eaton pullout switch directly beside my pump timer which I assume cuts the power to the pump. That's the only thing I have outside in the backyard, assuming there isn't a box beneath the diving board. Will have to check tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.