My wife asked me why I obsess over the pool...

Jun 2, 2015
The Woodlands, TX
...this is why. Thankfully, I found this site last year and I doubt there's another pool in TW as great as mine!
4b621feddcd8c00d4b65516b21d99e17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great!!

I'm glad you have found our information helpful and have saved money over the pool store. Please consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keep the electrons flowing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You add borax to raise ph. I doubt with new plaster you need to do that :)

If you mean borates, 6 months would probably be fine :)

(yes I know you can add borates using borax but nobody recommends that method unless there is no way to get boric acid)

(yes I know you can add borates using borax but nobody recommends that method unless there is no way to get boric acid)
OK thanks. I have been adding borax to do both. My TA got a little out of whack so I've added about 8 lbs of borax to lower pH as I bring TA down. Hopefully a couple of boxes aren't too detrimental.

Where should I be sourcing borax acid from?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OK thanks. I have been adding borax to do both. My TA got a little out of whack so I've added about 8 lbs of borax to lower pH as I bring TA down. Hopefully a couple of boxes aren't too detrimental.

Where should I be sourcing borax acid from?

Boric acid not borax acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.