ProSeries vs Coleman + Skimmer pump vs ground pump

Great forum... thanks for offering a place to share and learn.

I have a ProSeries 13x22x54'. Been very happy with it, but after 6 years, starting to have a few minor issues (small rip at top, 3 pinholes). Have also mostly been concerned with the skimmer pump sounding like it is working too hard.

Bought at Canadian Tire, but their current model is a Coleman. Walmart seems to have the same ProSeries model I have, but at 70% higher price: although would now include a ground pump with sand filter.

My questions are:
-ProSeries, Coleman, Intex, and Bestway all seem to be made form the same manufacturer; but are there any quality differences?
-Is Coleman just a re-brand any of the others? Which one?
-Is a skimmer pump better than a ground pump? Or vise versa? Skimmer pump runs louder than floor pumps I have seen, but does skimmer benefit outweigh ground model?
-Thoughts on adding/buying the Sand Filter option?

Thanks... I appreciate your time.

Welcome to TFP :)

You got 6 years out of a skimmer pump, I am impressed, you did very good.. most only last a year

from what we have seen in quality the intex is better than the coleman and I have not seen the other 2..

The ground pumps are way better than the skimmer pumps now, most of the skimmer pumps now are aquarium pumps fitted into the skimmer.. look for the biggest filter and pump combo, the 3500 gallon and the sand filter are good options for an intex..

I hope this helps :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.