Central PA
Pool Size
I have an AG pool with approx 13,600 gallons with the following test results:
FC: 90
PH 7.4
TA 90
CYA 40
No CC

I just opened my pool yesterday and am running the pump as I type. Why is the FC so high and how do I get it down? I even had to add water to the pool because of lost water over the winter.
Also, just to confirm, for the test kit, I am using the 10ml mark and multiplying the number of drops by 5 to get the total FC.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have an AG pool with approx 13,600 gallons with the following test results:
FC: 90
PH 7.4
TA 90
CYA 40
No CC

I just opened my pool yesterday and am running the pump as I type. Why is the FC so high and how do I get it down? I even had to add water to the pool because of lost water over the winter.
Also, just to confirm, for the test kit, I am using the 10ml mark and multiplying the number of drops by 5 to get the total FC.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!
Multiply by .5 or divide by 2. 18 drops means FC is 9, which is far below shock level. If the water is clear enough to see the floor, it's safe to go swimming right now.

Do my other figures look ok? Seems too easy to just add liquid bleach? Should I let the pump run 24 hrs? Are we able to swim in it?
What's the water look like? The pH is fine, FC is fine for the CYA level (which is fine as well) and the TA is, too. If the water is clear enough to see the bottom and there's no algae and the FC is below 16, jump in. It probably wouldn't be fatal to get in if it makes it easier to scrub any algae spots, either. It's just not safe to swim if you can't see someone down at the bottom.

yes it is crystal clear! How do I know if I have algae? Also, you say about FC below 16 but the calculator has my target of FC at 20?
Must be a typo somewhere. With 40 CYA, your shock level is only 16. Normal is 3 to 7 FC. You posted 40 CYA and 6.5 FC so you're below shock level so its safe to get in.

Algae is green or brownish patches on the walls and floors, or a slimy feeling on the walls and floor. If you don't have any, be grateful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.