Fluid film

Do you think if I sprayed all the joints it would work? Would you recommend spraying before assembly and after?

thanks!

I've sprayed my 9x18 Ultraframe (2016 model) with Fluid Film. My pool is too new to comment on rust and I don't have a salt water system hooked up yet. I can tell you from a practical point of view the fluid film is messy (gooey) and will easily wipe off. Where I expect it to help is applying Fluid Film inside the pipe especially near openings. The powder coating from Intex doesn't extend into the pipes.

I debated over Rustoleum spray paint and Fluid Film, if I were to go back I would use Rustoleum so you get a paint that sticks to the metal and won't wipe off. The corner pieces are designed to move in response to waves in the pool, so anything you use will eventually wear off.

I'll have to wait to see how much Fluid Film helps... I coated every piece of metal (inside and out). The outside is pretty much a waste, other than helping the pipes slide into the vinyl.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.