Pentair IC40 Continuous Red PWR Light

Good news. My IC-40 cell was replaced today. :party:

I called Pentair on Monday (23 minutes on hold!) and explained the symptoms and actions (Red PWR LED, Green flashing CELL LED, and not generating). The company they contract with in my area called yesterday and they came out today and replaced the cell. Now, all LEDs are GREEN.

Not sure what went wrong with the first cell. Thanks all for your advice, especially "Grumpy" ....

The AquaChek salt test strips are by far the best choice for residential pool owners. The electronic meters have to be kept calibrated, which most residential users will not do, or they can be way off. The AquaChek strips are also more precise than all but the most expensive meters. The main problem with the AquaChek strips is that they can go bad if they get wet or are exposed to too much humidity.

JasonLion said:
The AquaChek salt test strips are by far the best choice for residential pool owners. The electronic meters have to be kept calibrated, which most residential users will not do, or they can be way off. The AquaChek strips are also more precise than all but the most expensive meters. The main problem with the AquaChek strips is that they can go bad if they get wet or are exposed to too much humidity.
I don't know how much the test strips are as far as a "pays for itself deal" goes. Nor do i know how long you have to wait to get a reading. Is it instant? When i say i like the meter better it's because of the wetness deal. I can't be with out a way to check. I've had mine for over 2 years and had to calibrate it once. You have to check them, but you don't always need to calibrate. If you can use a test kit, Calibrating is a snap. Changed batteries once too. But i use mine an awful lot.

Pool Clown said:
. If you can use a test kit, Calibrating is a snap. .
Thats my thought. If you are going to buy a salinity meter or even a pH meter, then keeping it calibrated should be a routine thing. I use a pH meter all the time. I calibrate it evey couple of days and it fine. Same for a salinity meter. If you want to pay for one, then do it. Just know how to maintain it and use it properly. I dont see a reason to discourage anyone from buying a meter if they want to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.