Excel Sheet for Charting Pool Health History

May 9, 2009
California
Hi everyone,

I've created an Excel spreadsheet for charting various chemicals in my pool and thought others might find it useful.

It contains a section for recording measurements of Chlorine, pH, TA, TH and CYA, and a section for recording the addition of Chlorine, and Muriatic Acid.

The sheet has four line charts which chart the data you input in the measurement sections.

The first chart, called "Chem Tracking" shows your chlorine level and ph over time and also places dots on the graph which indicate added chlorine and muriatic acid along how many ounces you added. Of course, you might have to customize this with your specific chemicals (I will probably never need to raise my pH as our tap water is at 8.2), but it's a good template for graphing your pool's health history.

The other charts are simple line charts that track, ph,TA,TH, and CYA over time.

I've never owned a pool until now, so I'm sure I will find ways to improve this later on.

You can download the Excel file, here. (Excel 2003 Format)

To use it, just delete the example data from the "measurements" and "chem log" sheets and input your own. Unless I made some stupid mistake, a graph should automatically show the data you input.

How about standard deviations, historgrams, KPI's...LOL

Seriously though, nice thought with the graphs. I couldnt get the one in this thread to dynamically change as more dates are added but I could reselect the data and make it work.

H2O_Keeper said:
How about standard deviations, historgrams, KPI's...LOL

Seriously though, nice thought with the graphs. I couldnt get the one in this thread to dynamically change as more dates are added but I could reselect the data and make it work.

For the bottom axis I manually defined the time ranges, so new values put in were probably off the right edge of the chart. I did that because using the auto setting made the time range an entire week which made the two days of data I had squished together and hard to read.

Time ranges are funny in Excel. The are defined in days since 01/01/1901. So 05/13/2009, the time when my charts start, has to be defined as "39946.0" in the axis configuration.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.