Vancouver
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all, can you take a peek at my numbers and let me know if you think anything needs tweaking? I think it looks pretty good overall, but wonder if I should up my CH a bit? I'm keeping my FC down as I am expecting my special order for Jack's Magic Stain ID kit to arrive any day and will be putting it into motion once received (stains on vinyl liner).

FC: 2
CC: Less than 0.5
CH: 225
TA: 80
CYA: 50
PH: 7.5

I "think" I'm getting the hang of this... You guys really are the greatest!

Definitely increase FC right away. CYA for that matter. CYA should be 70 for your SWG pool, and FC needs to be in the 5 target zone - never below 3. CH is fine. Just focus on CYA and FC based on the Chlorine/CYA Chart and you'll do fine. Enjoy your weekend.

Ok thanks! So is it safe to say that I can return the large bag of calcium chloride that I just bought? No need to ever change the CH level or test for it?

And it's ok to use the Jacks Magic Stain I'd kit with regular FC levels?

Yes, no need for the calcium chloride. As for the stain ID, I don't recall the manufacture instructions, but it's best to maintain your pool algae-free for the moment. If you get algae before the kit arrives, you have to SLAM anyways (very high FC). So maintain the FC at your target, then just when it's needed, allow the FC to drop just enough for the ID kit to work as designed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.