First time here....and some whacky problems with my pool

May 28, 2016
Freehold, NJ
Hi,

First time here! Hopefully someone can shed light on my problem. I have an inground pool (5 years old) with the Pentair filtration system (salt system). I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to pool maintenance and with a very hot weekend, I'm trying to resolve a problem on my own:

The pool filtration system is on, water is flowing, water in basket, salt indicator/pump working etc. All valves pointed in the correct location. Both my skimmers and Polaris vacuum are not working at all! Any ideas where to start?

Thanks.

Steve

If by booster pump you mean the black circular/tube shaped cylinder that says "cleaner pump" (I assume), it doesn't appear to be on or making any noises whatsoever when the pool filter is on. Checked the fuses/power...nothing seems to be an issue. Strangely, the Polaris won't turn on either.

Yes it was opened last week by pool company. They came to clean yesterday. After they left, I noticed the filter was on (and working), but the pool is not skimming, or does the Polaris work. And overnight, a lot of dirt has accumulated at the bottom of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The one labeled "cleaner pump" is your booster pump. It provides power to the Polaris, so if it is not running the Polaris will not run either. It should be wired to a switch either directly on the back of the pump or at the control panel. Does all your electrical for the pool connect to a breaker box nearby?

Edit: I think I see your breaker box behind the filter. Could you post a picture of that as well?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.