Intex 2800 gph sand filter pump hums, but doesn't pump

May 28, 2016
Allentown, PA
Hi! I have a 15' above ground Summer Escapes metal frame pool. Last year I upgraded the system to an Intex 2800 gph sand filter and pump with an Intex ECO8110 salt water generator. Everything worked great! I hooked everything back up yesterday, following instructions and the pump just hums. I found another thread to check the capacitor, so I took it apart. The impeller would not move until I really cranked it. I unscrewed it, cleaned it and put it back together. The motor under the top looked a little bit corroded, so I wiped it off too. Plugged it back in, basket filled with water, pump still just hums! Any other ideas or should I just buy another one?

Thanks Cajun cowboy! Where are the bearings located? I took off eveything, but didn't want to pull the big covering completely off the motor since there was a threaded cord it looked like I could damage. Is it easy to replace? I like to try to fix things, but I'm not always good at it! Lol!

I did run into a problem. I ordered the 6000rz bearing but they changed size bearing sometime between my old pump and new pump. The new pump has a 6201z bearing which is a little bigger so you may want to tear it down and see which one you will need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.