First time opened

Jul 28, 2014
Manhawkin/ NJ
I'm a little confused on what I'm doing, first time opening my new pool. It's about 15000 gallon 16x32 free form. Pool looks very clean here are my numbers with the tf kit.

Fc 15
Cc 0
Ch 100
Ta 110
Cya 50
Anything I'm missing, pool is a chlorine pool for now, gonna be adding a hayward 40000 gallon swcg next week. How do those numbers look. I'm on my phone now will update my signature when I can get to a computer

I'm assuming your pool is an in-ground plaster? So when you get a chance please update your signature with pool info. CH is low for a plaster pool, so watch that one. The FC will fall on its own if you allow it. As long as you have clear water and no signs of algae, just let the FC drop to about the 4-6 range. Never below 4. Good luck on your SWG!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you can swim. :swim:

Yeah, your fine to cool off all afternoon.....your just wasting some FC but no harm will be done.

As you begin your learning journey with us, I hope you will read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. It's our reference to everything we suggest on the forum.

Yes defiently gotta do some reading just been so busy getting yard done, pool is vinyl liner. I think we did have algae when it opened the pool guy shocked it and then a couple days later it looked like dirt in bottom that I vacuumed up and hasn't come back, I do notice that there is alot of real fine things floating on surface but I'm assuming it's just pollen, pollen is real bad here right now. Thanks allot for all the help and future help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Generally the first sign that you have algae is a high demand on your FC where you battle to hold a normal level of FC, then the pool water starts to look cloudy before it starts to take over the pool and turn green.

You could do what is called the OCLT, where you test your FC when the sun goes down and then get up early just before the sun comes up and retest your FC. This excludes the effect of UV sunlight on your FC level. If your FC loss is greater than 1.0 then you need to SLAM because you have an abnormal amount of organics consuming your chlorine which need to be dealt with sustained shock levels of chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.