Getting zero pressure. Filter reader says 0... May put cover back on for season.HELP!

May 28, 2016
sturbridge
HI, I am a 2nd year pool owner

I have an above grand pool with a Hayward Filter/Pump. Everything is attached to the skimmer and blow jet

I start the pump and you can see water moving around in the pump but the pressure gauge on the filter says 0.. It hasn't moved in the 3 days we've tried this.

I know nothing about pools and its super frustrating getting different answers from everyone I ask at pool stores. I opened the filter and cleaned the finger..

What should I do???????????/ Thanks in advance

You say filter reader? This is your pressure gauge no? Pressure gauges fail often. You should be able to pick up a cheap one at the pool store for less than $10. Tftest kits sells a better one for not much more. Last time I went to the pool store I actually bought two gauges as I was so frustrated at them failing.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: So you see some water moving. Does the water come out of the return jet(s)? Is the eater being sucked into the pool side skimmer to the pump and keeping the pump's strainer basket full of water to the clear lid?

I DON'T KNOW a lot of the lingo so not sure what eater is.

I don't feel any pressure pulling the water down the skimmer and there is definitely nothing coming out of the water jet hole in the pool... Anyone know why?

ha. That's a good-old "typo" - I meant water. :) All thumbs today. So it sounds like you have no water movement at all then? Is the pump basket with the clear lid full of water? Any water moving in it at all? Also, do you have any shut-off valves that may be in the closed position preventing water from moving?

Besides those questions, you might help us by post a pic or two of your equipment pad so we can see what you are working with.

Ha Ha eater=water I gotcha

The water is swishing all around inside of the pump? The thing with the glass lid, but don't know if there is any movement thru all the connectors. I feel like the hose that goes from the pump to the skimmer might just be full of water without it being sucked in if that makes any sense. Should I be bumping it?

I'm heading out to take some pics. Hopefully its easy to post pics on here.

Could someone that knows a lot text me. moderator note # removed. Please use PM I'll buy you a beer when you are in the Boston area :p

It would be easier for me to text pics then to download all to a laptop and put on here.. Thanks guys!!

Dirt on surface of pool help

Hey guys. I got my pool up and running. I have it mostly vacuumed but on the surface of the pool is annoying dirt and grime that appears to go through my skimmer net. There are a few spots on the bottom of the pool where dirt has collected but more concerned about getting rid of the stuff on the top

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.